Oswego High School Hosting Blood Drive Tuesday
- Organization: Oswego High School/American Red Cross
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Contact person: Brenda Shay
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: redcrossblood.org
Oswego High School and the American Red Cross is set to host a Tia Carr blood drive from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 15, at the school, 4250 State Route 71.
Carr is a OHS freshman battling a rare blood disease that requires an infusion every six to eight weeks. It takes 3,500 donors to gather enough of the gamma globulins required for these infusions.
"The need is really significant right now," said OHS faculty member and drive organizer Brenda Shay. "The blizzard really had a severe impact on the amount of local donations."
Appointments are necessary and can be made by clicking here. Donors are asked to enter through Door 11.