Oswego Year in Review: Local Businesses in the Spotlight
What's opening? What's closing? A look at the local business scene in 2012.
From business openings and closings to plans for the future, here are the business headlines that made a splash in Oswego in 2012:
- Chick-fil-A All-Nighters Set Up Camp in Restaurant Parking Lot: From protests to its opening to all-nighters camped out for free coupons, Chick-fil-A opened in Oswego in August to a lot of attention
- Alzheimer’s and Memory Care Facility Opening Doors in Oswego: Autumn Leaves, with locations in Orland Park, Crystal Lake and Vernon Hills, began accepting residents at Oswego location in late November.
- Oswego Dunkin’ Donuts Opening This Week: Oswego once more has a Dunkin’ Donuts after losing its Gas City location more than a year ago.
- Craft Beer Brewery Proposed for Downtown Fire Barn: Misfits’ Craft Brewery has been in the proposal stage since January. Do you think it will open sometime in 2013?
- Local Comcast Employees Picketing Every Wednesday at Mason Square: A group of union employees want their careers to be respected by Comcast.
- Oswego Firehouse Pizza and Pub Officially Opens: After months of waiting, the new Oswego family-owned pizza and pub restaurant opened its doors in December.
- Local Ruby Tuesday Employees Hear of Job Loss Via Text Messages, Facebook: Local employees of Ruby Tuesday at Westfield Fox Valley Mall in Aurora got something of a shock on a Monday morning after discovering through text messages or Facebook posts that they were out of a job.
- New Comedy Club Opening in Oswego's Tap House Grill: After losing its Comedy Under the Tap group, a new comedy group sets up home at the Oswego Tap House Grill three nights a week.
Read More Year in Review: