Traffic Safety Campaign Today
Drivers on Route 34 should be extra cautions and aware of their surroundings
Law enforcement agencies along the Ogden Avenue corridor through DuPage, Cook, Kane and Kendall Counties will join forces in a special traffic safety campaign on Tuesday, August 14, according to the Oswego Police Department.
Police will be on the lookout for drivers that are speeding, not wearing safety belts or committing other safety violations.
The purpose of the campaign is to increase the safety of motorists using the thoroughfare through education and traffic enforcement.
The following twelve police agencies will be part of the campaign:
- Naperville Police Department
- Aurora Police Department
- Oswego Police Department
- Hinsdale Police Department
- Yorkville Police Department
- Downers Grove Police Department
- Western Springs Police Department
- Berwyn Police Department
- Lisle Police Department
- DuPage County Sheriff’s Office
- Kendall County Sheriff’s Office
- Illinois State Police District 2
Each jurisdiction will implement their own enforcement action based on the needs of their communities.