What Happened to Your New Year’s Resolution?
It has been 6 months since you made that New Year’s Eve Resolution to lose weight, but what are you doing now? Have you stuck with your plan? Have you met your goals? Chances are like most of Americans you have long forgotten your plan and fallen off the boat! Time to reclaim your body, and get back in shape for the rest of the year! Some easy tips for reaching your goal are as follows:
1. Be Specific about the goal you are trying to reach: Such as I want to lose 10 lbs, or I want to be able to strengthen my core to maintain a plank for 45 seconds.
2. Set an Acheivable goal: Don’t expect to become an Olympic athlete overnight, but small goals such as 5 lbs weight loss.
3. Establish a routine or plan to stick to: sometimes hiring a trainer will keep you locked into a program if you have to pay up front. Make notes in your planner saying, go to the gym for at least 30 minutes 5 times this week.
4. Set a deadline or time frame to reach your goal: A definite end and reevaluation date should be set such as by August 1.
5. Consult a professional if needed: if you are not seeing real changes in 4 weeks then perhaps you are not pushing yourself or doing the right things. Don’t be afraid to ask!
Dr. Jenna Cook at our Sportco location at 1995 Springbrook Square Drive Unit 109 in Naperville is a trained professional in nutrition and corrective exercise. She has recently undergone a 25 lb transformation in her own life and exercises daily with strength training and cardio. Dr. Cook also works in conjunction with many local fitness professionals, and USA Triathalon certified coaches with which she can network with you to point you to the best professional in the area! She is more than willing to do a fitness evaluation and make recommendations to help you reach the weight and fitness goals that you set for New Year’s Eve Resolutions, even though it is long past that time!