Sunday, Dec. 8 was not a good day to be out on the roads.
Oswego Police responded to 13 vehicle accidents that occurred starting Sunday afternoon when the snow began falling in town.
Despite the large number, not a single person was transported to a hospital and only two were reported injured.
A timeline of the accidents is as follows:
- Three people were involved a 2-car vehicle accident that occurred at 1:05 p.m. at Chicago and Madison in downtown Oswego. No on was reported injured and property damage is estimated at more than $1,500.
- Unit 1, driven by a 47-year-old man from Montgomery, rear-ended Unit 2, driven by a 52-year-old man of Oswego, at 1:08 p.m. at Route 34 and Route 30. Neither driver was reported injured and damages were reported at over $1,500.
- Five people were involved in a two-vehicle accident that occurred at 1:31 p.m. at Washington and Route 34. Neither driver nor the three passengers – ages 7 – 12 – in the second vehicle were reported injured and damage is estimated at over $1,500.
- Police took a report for a hit and run vehicle accident that occurred at 1:40 p.m. at Route 34 and Pearces Ford.
- Another accident took place at 2:05 p.m. at Route 34 and Pearces Ford Road. The driver of Unit 1 was westbound on Route 34 and rear-ended Unit 2.
- A second 2-car accident also involved 5 individuals, but again no one was reported injured in the vehicle accident that occurred at 2:09 p.m. at Route 71 and Washington.
- Unit 1, driven by a 45-year-old Yorkville man, rear-ended Unit 2, driven by a 32-year-old Oswego woman, at Route 25 and Chicago at 2:19 p.m. after his vehicle slid driver on the pavement due to the snow. Both drivers were reported injured, but did not go to a hospital.
- A 20-year-old female driver from Oswego rear-ended a 22-year-old female driver from Lisle at 2:27 p.m. at Route 34 and Douglas Road. Neither was reported injured, although damage was estimated at over $1,500.
- Route 30 and Fifth Street was the scene of an accident that occurred at 3:20 p.m. between two vehicles. Unit 1, driven by a 40-year-old Aurora man, was traveling westbound on Route 30 and rear-ended a vehicle driven by a 37-year-old Montgomery woman. No injuries were reported and damage is estimated at $1,500.
- Route 71 and Washington was the scene of a second accident at 2:55 p.m. between two vehicles, driven by a 17-year-old Oswego man and a 19-year-old Oswego man. No one was reported injured and damages were estimated over $1,500.
- A vehicle driven by a 49-year-old Sandwich man struck a speed limit sign at Route 34 and Route 25 at 4:50 p.m. after he lost control of his vehicle. The driver was not reported injured and damage is estimated at over $1,500.
- Two vehicles were involved in an accident that occurred at 5:30 p.m. at Douglas Road just south of Route 34.
- A 20-year-old Oswego man lost control of his vehicle at 7:41 p.m. at Harvey Road and Route 30 and slid off the road and struck a sign. The driver was reported uninjured and damage is estimated at over $1,500.
According, to the National Weather Service, snow is expected in Oswego later this week.
What do you think are the most dangerous roads around Oswego for snow/ice accidents?