Mariano's parent company, Milwaukee-based Roundy's, announced that they would be purchasing 11 Dominick's stores in the Chicagoland area, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Safeway, Dominick's parent company, announced earlier this year that they were pulling out of the Chicagoland market, which includes Oswego's location at 3010 Route 34.
Back in October, Jewel purchased four Dominick's stores, according to the Tribune.
Roundy's has now purchased 11 Dominick's stores, but Oswego was not one of them. The stores are expected to be converted in about 1-2 months from the purchase date, according to the Tribune.
The purchased stores to be converted into Mariano's are:
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market Street
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.