Nasty winter weather is on the way for Oswego.
The National Weather Service is warning of a hazardous outlook for the next 72 hours.
For Wednesday, the area will see wind chill values of -5 to -15 degrees. On Thursday the forecast is calling for 4 to 5 inches of accumulating snow in the afternoon and into the evening hours.
Snow could change over to periods of freezing drizzle and light snow by early Friday.
The following places all serve as warming centers in Oswego:
- All Oswegoland Park District locations: Civic Center, 5 Ashlawn Avenue, Montgomery; Prairie Point, 313 E. Washington Street (corner of Plainfield & Grove Rds.), Oswego; Boulder Point Location, 0 Boulder Hill Pass (corner of Boulder Hill Pass & Rt. 25), Montgomery; and South Point Location, 810 Preston Lane, Oswego from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Oswego Police Department for 24 hours a day
- Both Oswego Public Library campuses: 32 W. Jefferson St., Oswego; and 1111 Reading Dr., Montgomery from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on the weekdays
- Oswego Senior Center from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the weekdays
- Oswego Village Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the weekdays