Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure ®

 ,   Add to calendar
 210 S Columbus Dr Chicago IL 60603  See map

On Mother’s Day, May 12, 2013, thousands will gather for the Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure® in Grant Park.  The event will honor those who have battled breast cancer and further the mission of the Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® -- to save lives and end breast cancer forever.  The Daley family will serve as Honorary Chairs of the race, celebrating the life of Chicago’s former First Lady Maggie C. Daley, and the passion and energy she displayed as a Mom and breast cancer fighter.  

Money raised by the Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure funds breast health education, breast cancer screening, treatment, treatment support and patient navigation services to uninsured and underinsured women in need.  Seventy-five percent (75%) of net proceeds generated by the Chicago Affiliate are used to support these life-saving efforts in the Chicagoland community, while the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of net funds raised support global research.  

Now through Saturday, May 11th the cost will be as follows: $40 runners; $35 walkers; $35 Sleep In for the Cure; $20 for kids 17 and under; free for volunteersOn race day the cost will be as follows: $45 runners; $40 walkers; $35 Sleep In for the Cure; $25 for kids 17 and under; free for volunteers.

Registration for the Mother’s Day walk/run will open early January, 2013.  Walkers/runners can participate as an individual or as part of a team.  For more information, to sign up or volunteer for the race, visit www.komenchicago.org


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »