Remember those guys sitting your bench? Maybe it’s time to take another look at them and see if you can upgrade.
Remember that your bench players do not score points against you. So if you have a chance to stock pile some better talent, go get them before one of your other owners does.
Also, this is the time when some owners will start to be frustrated with high draft picks that have not produced so far, so start thinking about trades.
Bye week Help:
With Carolina, Chicago, New Orleans and Jacksonville on the shelf this week, here are a few players to look to fill in for your starters this week.
Quarterbacks: Christian Ponder and Kevin Kolb will both put up good numbers this weekend.
Running Backs: A bit tougher to find help in, but I suggest Alex Green, Brandon Bolden and William Powell if you are in a crunch.
Wide Receivers: Darrious Heyward- Bey, Mike Williams, and Reuben Randle all have a good shot at putting up some solid points this week.
Grab ‘Em if you can:
- Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers – He is on his way back and if you wait much longer he will not be a free agent next week, so add him NOW!
- Andre Roberts, Cardinals – He plays opposite Larry Fitzgerald and so far is taking advantage of being his wingman. In fact, he has outscored Fitzgerald in 3 out of the 4 games so far.
- James Jones or Randall Cobb, Packers – Greg Jennings is hurt again with a groin injury. I think that will give Jones the spot to step up and shine in Green Bay.
Cut ‘Em Loose:
- Michael Bush, Bears – Matt Forte is coming back which means Bush will get less touches. Time to put him back on your bench, or see if there is a better option out there.
- Peyton Hillis, Chiefs – I thought before the draft that Hillis was going to do well in K.C., but he is not seeing the field and you can’t score if you never get in the game.
- Greg Jennings, Packers – You do not know what you are going to get if and when he comes back. I would see what I could get in a trade with an owner who may be willing to part with a 2nd tier RB because of Jennings upside if he can get healthy.
Best of luck this week, and how are you liking these Thursday night games? I think they are great, it seems like the games never stop.