Moira Dunn lives in the 97th District, a requirement for a State Representative District. The Springfield gala replete with “Drinks and appetizers” was an opportunity to meet Michael Madigan’s hand-picked candidates.
Noticeably absent from the list was Dennis Grosskopf, the candidate whose name was actually on the ballot. This is the same candidate who actually circulated petitions and asked Democrat Primary voters to allow him to be their nominee. The Springfield rollout of Moira Dunn raises a number of questions for voters:
- Did Dennis Grosskopf remove himself from the ballot?
- If so, was a deal struck with Madigan for support in Grosskopf’s other endeavors?
- Has Moira Dunn been offered a “deal”?
- When were Dennis Grosskopf, Moira Dunn, and Michael Madigan planning on sharing their conspiracy with the voters?
- Do they really think that voters are going to support candidates who do back door deals that bypass voters?
Dennis Grosskopf has maintained a low profile but untarnished reputation. Does he really want to engulf himself in such political chicanery? Time will tell but so will those of us who will keep watch on any appointments or campaign assistance from the Madigan machine.
This letter was contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation