You're so excited to get the package and have that feeling of an early birthday when you spot it on your doorstep in its box.
But what if someone else sees it first?
That happened earlier this week to a Boulder Hill resident in the 0-100 block of Circle Drive East.
The victim ordered a laptop, valued at $450, that was delivered by FedEx to his door. But he never got it.
The incident occurred sometime around 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 16 and currently remains under investigation by the Kendall County Sheriff's office.
So it asks the question: what do you do when you are expecting a delivery?
- Use delivery confirmation so you can track where it is?
- Order through a service that requires your signature to get your package
- Plan to never leave the house that week during mail hours so you don't miss it?
- Ask a neighbor to keep an eye out?
- Leave a post-it note for the delivery person and ask them to place it out of sight (and then remove the post-it)?
- Something else?
Share below how you try to make sure your packages don't go walking off, and hope that this laptop finds its way back home.