Kendall County Sheriff’s deputies handed out 76 tickets during a 13-day period of stepped-up enforcement around the July 4 holiday.
The campaign ran from June 22 to July 4. It resulted in a pair of drunken driving charges, and 62 citations for not wearing a seatbelt, among other charges.
Here’s how the citations broke down:
- 62 for not wearing a seatbelt
- 7 for driving without insurance
- 2 for drunken driving
- 2 for not having a valid registration
- 1 for failing to secure a child
- 1 for not having a valid driver’s license
- 1 for driving on a suspended license
The campaign was funded through a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation.