Monday, Dec. 17, was the first day candidates for the April 2013 election could submit their petitions to get their name on the election ballot.
Submissions started in Oswego at 8:00 a.m. and goes until 5:00 p.m. on Dec. 26. The deadline was extended to Dec. 26 from its original date of Dec. 24 .
The following candidates have submitted their names thus far to be put on the ballot in the four Oswego elections.
Village of Oswego – Board
Three seats for four-year terms
- Scott Finkenbinder of the 200 block of Catherine Court
- Ryan Kauffman of the 200 block of Devoe Drive
- Jeff Lawson of the 600 block of Manhattan Circle
- Pam Parr of the 0-99 block of Sherwick Road
- Scott Volpe of the 500 block of Lichtfield Way
Oswego 308 – School Board
Three seats for four-year terms (one seat must be filled from an unincorporated area)
- Danielle Paul of the 2400 block Avalon Court, Aurora, (incorporated seat)
The Oswego 308 School Board is also seeking a candidate to fill the empty seat left by Lynn Cullick. The term will be for about 5 months. Read here for more information about applying for the empty seat.
Oswegoland Park District – Board
One seat for a six-year term
- None have filed yet.
Oswego Public Library District – Board
Four seats for four-year terms
- Vernita Hettrich of the 2300 block of Wooly Road
- Kandi Ream of the 500 block of Lakeview
- Terry Tamblyn of the 2000 block of Route 25
- Craig Weber of the 500 block of Sudbury Circle