In case you missed it, here are the details on tonight's fireworks display in Oswego. Have fun, everyone!
The annual fireworks display will begin at 9:30 p.m. on July 4 from Prairie Point Community Park, at , 3650 Grove Road. The show will last for half an hour. Bring your own blankets and lawn chairs.
The rain date for the event is Thursday, July 5.
Parking will be available at the , Eastview Center, Prairie Point Elementary, and lots. Handicap parking will be available in the school bus transportation lot on Plank Road.
Because of ongoing construction, the south parking lot at Oswego High School will be closed completely and barricaded off. Other temporary no-parking areas during the event will include:
- Rt. 71 between Rt. 34 & Forest Avenue
- Franklin Street (fire hydrant side only)
- Wilmette Avenue
- Calumet Street
- Plainfield Road between Rt. 71 & Linden Drive
- Grove Road between Plainfield Road & Arboretum Way
- Prairie Point Community Park gravel lot (Plainfield Road access)
Regulatory no-parking signs remain on both sides of Stonehill Road, Theodore Drive, Templeton Drive and Plank Road. Oswego police will enforce all signs, and remind you that parking on private property is prohibited without permission.
To alleviate traffic congestion, traffic patterns will be altered at several intersections throughout the area and at school parking lot exits. The areas affected by these changes include:
- North parking lot of the Oswego High School and Eastview Elementary will only be allowed to travel northbound on Rt. 71
- Motorists traveling east on Franklin Street will only be allowed to turn southbound onto Rt. 71
- Traffic will not be allowed to travel westbound Washington Street from Rt. 71 or Plainfield Rd.
- Motorists exiting Stonehill Road onto Wolf Road will be required to turn eastbound onto Wolf Road
- Traffic exiting Stonehill Road onto Woolley Road will be required to turn eastbound onto Woolley Road
- Westbound traffic on Plainfield Road will be required to travel only southbound or northbound on Rt. 71
- Motorists exiting onto Woolley Road from the Traughber Junior High School lot will only be allowed to travel northbound on Colchester Drive or eastbound on Woolley Road
- Members from our Citizens Police Academy will be located at the intersection of Grove Road & Lakeview Drive (South) to assist pedestrians crossing at this location
Oswego police will be at the busiest intersections to help control traffic, and they ask for your patience. They also suggest people carpool to the fireworks event.
The fireworks display is free for the whole family to enjoy. So bring the kids and take part in an American tradition.