Monday it's a bit quiet around town, what with it being Columbus Day and all. Check here to see what's still open or closed around town.
Also this week (and there's a lot!):
- Because of Columbus Day the school board meeting has been moved to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 15. Items on the agenda include information on bond restructuring, school impact fees and more.
- Also Tuesday is the Village's Committee of the Whole. The regular Village Board meeting has been cancelled but the CotW will begin at 6 p.m. and discuss golf cart use subdivisions, Beats and Eats, the 2013 audit report and more. View the agenda here.
- Starting Tuesday Keith's Car Care is offering a free oil change for the donation of a new or gently used coat to the Kendall County Food Pantry. Click here for details.
- And it's homecoming week for Oswego High School! The annual Mr. Oswego competition is on Tuesday, Oct. 15 and entry cost is 3 canned goods or $3.
- The OHS homecoming parade is on Wednesday. Click here for route details, whether you're watching or trying to avoid the closed streets.
- And Mothers and More is holding an open house on Wednesday. Find out what it's all about here.
- Rachel's Hope fundraiser is this Friday. For anyone interested in going tickets must be purchased by Oct. 15. Find out everything here.