- Position sought: Oswegoland Park District Commissioner
- Website: www.4OPDChange.com
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Phone: 630.333.8163
- Address: 3 Shore Dr., Oswego
- Age: 25 (born 12/13/1985)
- Family: Parents, two sisters
- Education: Illinois State University, Economics 2008; Aurora University, MBA Accounting & Leadership, in progress
- Occupation: Registered Representative working with AXA Advisors, LLC located in Oak Brook, IL
- Political party affiliation: Park District Commissioner is a nonpartisan election. I have no party affiliation for that position.
- Previous elected offices: Precinct Committeeman, Oswego 1.
- Related experience: Served on various local committees and organizations.
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
In conducting a study by researching public documents including those of the Oswegoland Park District (OPD), I was able to conclude that the OPD was the top spender per resident of all the Park Districts across the country. In addition, the OPD is unable to pay its compensation costs from taxes collected. Alarmed by what I had found, I kept looking only to find that the OPD was widely off scale.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
Cut wasteful spending, cut fees, and cut taxes while preserving programs, facilities and activities that the voters need, want, and can be fiscally justified.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
I have lived in Oswego my entire life. I grew up participating in OPD programs such as soccer, t-ball and using the pool at the civic center. As an adult, I continue to use the OPD facilities. I appreciate the facilities and programs the OPD has, but also understand that there are some changes that need to be made.
How long have you lived in the Park District?
What's your favorite thing about the Park District?
My favorite thing about the park district is the bike paths that span throughout the community and I use regularly.
What is the biggest problem in the Park District?
Its Board, that has allowed our Park District to become one of the most costly local government organizations in the nation. Please see my and Len Wass’s website, www.4OPDChange.com and click on the slide presentation under ISSUES. You will see the detailed, substantiated facts on the reckless and wasteful spending of the OPD. These facts are shocking, and distressing, especially under current economic conditions of high unemployment, record and sustained foreclosures, and rising food and energy prices. Taxpayers deserve better.
Editor's note Candidates were asked to abide by a 75-word guideline for each question.