Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Kendall County Sheriff’s units, ComEd and Oswego Fire responded to scene.
Weather is reportedly to blame for the cause of a downed power line in Boulder Hill on Tuesday afternoon that resulted in a fire, according to Sheriff’s deputy Bryan Harl. “There were some lines that came down,” said Harl, at the intersection of Longbeach and Ingleshire. The lines were sparking and caused a fire in the middle of the roadway. Kendall County Sheriff’s units responded to block off the road as members of the Oswego Fire Protection District worked to get the fire under control. Harl reported that ComEd is also on scene. As of right now ComEd has not said how many homes are affected by the downed lines. Patch will update this story as more information comes in. Special thanks to Rick Jacobsen for the photos and video.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Fire occurred in Oswego Township just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 3:09 a.m. Tuesday in Oswego Township. When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in attached 3-car garage of a home in the 0-99 block of Winding Creek Road, Oswego Township, said Battalion Chief Josh Walters. “The two vehicles in the garage and the garage were a total loss,” said Walters. The house sustained some smoke and water damage and the house’s single occupant was able to exit the residence safely on their own, said Walters. The home is not located in an area with fire hydrants so the Oswego Fire Protection District received assistance from the Bristol-Kendall, Montgomery, Plainfield, Lisbon-Seward and Sugar Grove fire stations. The departments brought in …
Friday, January 18, 2013
Very little damage and no injuries occurred from the fire this morning on Grape Vine Trail.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at about 8:25 a.m. Friday in Blackberry Knolls in Oswego. Firefighters found a fire at a home in the 400 block of Grape Vine Trail that Battalion Chief Josh Flanders said was caused from a dryer. "It was a very involved dryer fire," he said. There was little damage done and minor smoke damage to the home, although the dryer was very badly burned. Many dryer fires are caused by the lint trap, said Flanders. The cause of this one could not be determined due to the state of the dryer. "A lot of people clean their lint traps, but don't clean the space the lint trap sits in. That accumulates lint too," said Flanders, as well as the tubing that connects the dryer to …
Thursday, September 20, 2012
No one was injured in the fire Thursday night.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 6 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived, firefighters found the attached garage of a house in the 100 block of Fernwood in Boulder Hill was on fire, said Oswego Fire Battalion Chief Josh Flanders. Flanders said that at the time of the fire there had been people in the house, but they had all made it out by the time the fire department arrived. The fire took about 20 minutes to put extinguished and was confined to the garage. Flanders said there was heavy smoke damage to the rest of the house and it would be up to the Kendall County Building Department if the residence can still be inhabited. Flanders said the smoke was widespread. “It covered almost all of the eastern …
Courthouse is currently open and there will be a small delay in business.
Editor's Note: Taken from a press release from the Kendall County Sheriff's Office On September 20, 2012 at 12:04 p.m. there was a fire alarm at the Kendall County Courthouse, located at 807 John Street, Yorkville, Illinois. Firefighters from the Bristol Kendall Fire Protection District responded to the courthouse. The detector that triggered the alarm was from a prisoner transport elevator at the courthouse. According to Deputy Commander Robert Leinen of the Kendall County Sheriff’s Office, there was no fire or smoke at the courthouse and it is safe and secure. It is believed that there was a faulty detector and it is currently being investigated. The Kendall County Courthouse is currently open and there will only be a small delay in …
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Blaze was knocked down quickly, limiting most of the damage to the rear roof area and rooms below, fire officials says.
An early morning house fire possibly sparked by a lightning strike did about $5,000 in damage to a Plainfield Township home not far from Oswego, fire officials said today. The fire began at about 4 a.m. at the lower roof line of the two-story frame home at 6239 Southfield Lane, just off Plainfield Road near Ridge, according to Lt. Scott Moore of the Plainfield Fire Protection District. "We're not 100 percent sure what caused it," Moore said, "but we think lightning may have hit the gutter area, causing it to heat up and slightly extend into the attic." The homeowner saw a light hazy smoke in the house and called the fire department, he said. The fire was knocked down quickly and damage was limited to the roof area and a bathroom and …
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
No one hurt in blaze that may have started in second-floor bathroom.
A fire that started at about 2 a.m. Wednesday at 567 Northgate Circle, Oswego, has left a family searching for a place to stay. Juan Carlos Avalos, whose father-in-law, Ron Cinto, was the only one home at the time, said Cinto was awakened by a smoke detector and smoke coming from a second-floor bathroom. Cinto saved one of the family's three cats and rushed from the home, Avalos said. Firefighters saved the family's other two cats, he said. Oswego Fire Protection District firefighters were on the scene minutes later and spent the next 45 minutes controlling the blaze, said Lt. Alec Keenum. "We have no reason to believe there is anything suspicious about this fire at all," said Keenum, who credited firefighters for sparing the adjacent …