Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Fire occurred in Oswego Township just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 3:09 a.m. Tuesday in Oswego Township. When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in attached 3-car garage of a home in the 0-99 block of Winding Creek Road, Oswego Township, said Battalion Chief Josh Walters. “The two vehicles in the garage and the garage were a total loss,” said Walters. The house sustained some smoke and water damage and the house’s single occupant was able to exit the residence safely on their own, said Walters. The home is not located in an area with fire hydrants so the Oswego Fire Protection District received assistance from the Bristol-Kendall, Montgomery, Plainfield, Lisbon-Seward and Sugar Grove fire stations. The departments brought in …
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes by the Oswego Fire Protection District.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 3:05 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in the attic of the home in the 100 block of Circle Drive East, Boulder Hill, said Battalion Chief Dan Schiradelly. The fire was caused by a fan that overheated in the attic bathroom. "We were able to contain it to just the bathroom," Schriadelly said. The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes. The fire department removed part of the drywall and insulation to expose the hidden fire. They removed the insulation and drywall after the fire was extinguished to aid in the clean-up, said Schiradelly. The home is still livable. No one was injured in the fire. Special thanks to Ashley Given and Rick …
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Accident happened at Route 30 and Treasure Road.
Three people were transported to Rush Copley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries from a vehicle roll over that occurred Saturday evening, said the Oswego Fire Protection District. At about 7:30 p.m. two vehicles were involved in an accident at Treasure Drive and Route 30 that fire department Batallion Chief Jeff Warren described as a t-bone. The three passengers in the car that rolled over were transported to Rush Copley Medical Center with what Warren said were apparent, but not life-threatening injuries. The driver of the other vehicle chose not to seek medical attention, Warren said The roads were closed temporarily following the accident.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Send your letters to Editor Andre Salles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
I want to thank Chief Rick Neitzer and the staff of the Oswego Fire Dept. as well as Richard Kuhn, President, of the Board of Trustees for the use of the empty Fire House on Main street for our annual Garage Sale. Due to their help, we had our best year and raised the largest amount of funds to help continue providing services to the seniors in our community. I especially what to thank Jim Detzler for all the help he has given the Oswego Senior Center. With good friends line these gentleman our center is able to grow and provide services to our seniors. Jim Feeley President of the Oswegoland Seniors Inc.